Name of the game
Year of Creation
Description of the game
A “knowledge” hunt (as in a treasure hunt with different stations) about the Mundaneum, its history and the concepts they invented.
The game is geolocalised in the museum using beacons. Visitors have to find the correct spot to unlock little games. A virtual Paul Otlet then
guides the visitors from quizzes to puzzles to learn about the project of collecting all the knowledge in the whole world.
Target group : youngsters from 10 years old, adults
– Discovering the museum space of the Mundaneum (physical experience)
– Learning who the founders are and how their inventions worked:the classification, the index cards, the repertory, … (knowledge & content)
– Get the higher score possible to be first in the general ranking (competing as motivation)
– Gamers are shown pictures of places in the Mundaneum; when they find the place and approach the hidden beacons, the little games are successively unlocked.
– Small games include picture puzzles, sentences to remember, practical use of the universal decimal classification
– Snippets of information are given to the gamer before and after each little game
– The game ends at the last station when the gamer downloads their name and score in the system using a Kinect-connected screen
Only on Android mobile devices at the moment (tablets provided)
Type of the game
Maze / Discover, puzzles
http://expositions.mundaneum.org/fr/mundaneum-web-1895 (Gameplay video + explanations in French)